Thinking of taking a cruise? With upwards of 50 cruise lines to choose from, how to you decide who you will give your business to? Today we are looking at Norwegian Cruise Line.
We at Wander The World are going to take a few of these many cruise lines and give you some details to help you make an informed decision!
This is part one in an ongoing series of Cruise Line Spotlights.
Why Choose Norwegian Cruise Line? Here are our top 11 reasons!
#1 Freestyle Cruising
Norwegian Cruise Line has built a reputation over the last 51 years of being different from traditional cruise lines, by offering guests the freedom and flexibility to make their cruise what they want it to be. There are no set dining times, no formal dress codes, and resort-style entertainment and activities. Norwegian’s Freestyle Cruising® and has been offering this type of cruise since 2001!
#2 The Food!
Norwegian Cruise Line ships all offer a variety of dining options. From plentiful buffets, main dining rooms, casual cafes, grills and on the go choices. Each ship also has specialty restaurants that provide refined choices for a small cover charge. Seriously, you’re not going hungry on a Norwegian Cruise!! (We can set you up with a dining package, just ask! email@example.com)
In the specialty restaurants, kids under 3 eat free and kids ages 4 to 12 can choose from a complimentary kid’s menu.
#3 Fun and Entertainment
All of Norwegian’s ships have activities and entertainment for all ages! We’re talking comedy clubs, broadway-style shows, water parks, go-cart racing, mini golf, bands, parties…the list goes on!
Active healthy cruisers will enjoy the fitness centers aboard each ship, along with multiple day spas and salons that will help you stay in shape and even give you some well-deserved pampering! YES!
#4 Kids and Family Activities
Cruising won’t be boring for kids with Norwegian! They’ve teamed up with Nickelodeon to bring some of the best kids entertainment around. They can play Wii on the 2-story Wii wall, enjoy water slides, swimming pools or the various programs just for kids!
- Families can enjoy activities together such as cupcake decorating, pizza making, family game shows, a family deck party and some ships even have bowling!
- Splash Academy for kids is a place where kids of all ages can go and have fun! There are different programs for the varying age groups.
- Entourage for teens is a place where teenagers can go and hang out in a place filled with video games, movies, art, sports, music, and others teens!
- Guppies Nursery is a place where even the littlest cruisers can be cared for while Mom & Dad take a little break (or maybe catch up on missed sleep…can anyone relate??) They’ve got a little playroom, with sensory activities, games and toys and even a quiet sleeping area for nap time. You can rest assured your baby will be well cared for!
#5 Accommodations to meet all needs
Norwegian’s cruise ships have many different types of accommodations to fit whatever you have in mind!
- The Haven is an exclusive enclave with the most luxurious, well-appointed and spacious accommodations. Guests have access to everything on the ship and a 24-hour butler at their service! So fancy!
- Suites and Penthouses are on every ship, offering guests a complimentary bottle of champagne to celebrate your arrival!
- Spa-Suites are located right by the spa, giving guests full access to the spa and complimentary use of the thermal suites, sauna, hydrotherapy pools, steam room and heated loungers.
- Mini-Suites and Balconies offer guests a new perspective almost everyday! All of these rooms include comfy sitting areas, drop down or convertible beds and plenty of storage space. If you’re traveling as a family, consider a Family Balcony which will allow everyone to travel in comfort!
- Oceanview, Inside and Studios are a wonderful choice on any of Norwegian’s ships, and are designed to ensure you have a great night’s sleep and can get on to having fun!
#6 – Awards
Norwegian Cruise Line has won an array of awards for the last 10 years, including:
- Europe’s Leading Cruise Line (10 years consecutively)
- World’s Leading Cruise Line
- North America’s Leading Cruise Line
- Best Cruise Line
- Best Luxury Cruise Line
And many others! These awards are just more proof of the great service and experience you’ll find aboard a Norwegian Cruise!
#7 – The Ships
There are 17 ships to choose from with varying destinations. These ships were constructed with the guest in mind. Norwegian’s goal is to provide the most enjoyable experience at sea, and their ships are built to do just that!
#8 – The Destinations
When going on a cruise, the destination is key!! You want to go and see the world and NCL has a variety of destinations for you to explore. Below is a list of their current destinations:
Asia, Alaska, Australia & New Zealand, Bahamas & Florida, Bermuda, Canada & New England, Caribbean, Cuba, Europe, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera, Pacific Coast, Panama Canal, South America.
NCL also offers repositioning cruises, meaning you start in one place and end in another. This is great for the explorer who wants to Wander the World!
#9 – Cruise Length
Don’t have a full week but still want to take a cruise? Want to have an adventure that lasts more than a week? With Norwegian Cruise line, you don’t have to worry!
Norwegian has cruises of varying lengths, from 2 days to 2 weeks!! You can take a quick weekend cruise or see the sights with their longer cruises. With Norwegian, there really are so many choices!
#10 – Solo Travelers
What if you want to take a cruise on your own? Norwegian has even made that easier, with discounted fare for solo travelers on select cruises. Porthole Magazine voted Norwegian Cruise Line the Best Cruise Line for Solo Travelers 5 years in a row! Ask us how you can book a solo cruise today!
#11 – Private Islands
If you’re looking for the perfect island experience, you should get aboard a Norwegian Cruise to one of their 2 private islands:
- Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas, has white sandy beaches that await you with many activities to enjoy. You can snorkel with sea turtles, kayak along the coastline or just sit back and relax in a private cabana on the beach, drink in hand. HEAVEN!
- Harvest Caye is NCL’s second private island located in Belize. 75 acres of pure island paradise await you! Swim up to the bar in the expansive pool, enjoy the salt water lagoon for water sports, go ziplining or snorkel next to the world’s second largest barrier reef! Amazing!
I hope we’ve given you enough reasons to check out Norwegian Cruise Line and all the fun, luxury and adventure they have to offer!
If you are a new cruiser and want to get a taste of cruising, check out our upcoming 7-day Caribbean Cruise for First Timer’s.
As always, feel free to contact us at any of the methods below, and we’ll start planning the best vacation ever!