Welcome to Part 2 of Traveling With Service Animals! Today we are spotlighting Delta Airlines.
TRAINED SERVICE ANIMALS
You will need to submit the Trained Service Animal documentation at least 48 hours before a flight. Download the form and upload through the Accessibility Service Request form located in My Trips.
- If you would rather submit a copy of your pet’s vaccination records, you can do that. Just make sure the vaccination dates and vet office info is included.
- If you need help filling out the forms, you can call 404-209-3434.
- In some cases, customers may be asked to show the animal’s Veterinary Health Form and/or an immunization record or other proof of vaccination (current within one year of the travel date). Better to have both ready.
EMOTIONAL SUPPORT & PSYCHIATRIC SERVICE ANIMALS
- Submit the Emotional Support and Psychiatric Service Animal documentation at least 48 hours before a flight.
- Currently, Delta requires documentation that is no more than a year old from a certified mental health professional indicating:
- The need for an emotional support animal.
- Certification of the animal’s health including rabies and DPT shot verification
- A signed Confirmation of Training form.
- You can also give them a copy of the vaccination records instead of the Veterinary Health Form as long as the vaccination dates and veterinary office information are included.
- Documentation can be provided with a digital copy, and a professional license number is recommended, but not required.
- Download the required documentation and upload it through the Accessibility Service Request Form located in My Trips.
You can find more information from Delta on their service pet policy here: Delta Airlines Service and Support Animal Policies
Keep in mind that Delta does NOT allow Service Dogs in Training. There are two exceptions to this rule though:
- The Service Dog is being transported by a professional trainer and is en route to it’s forever home.
- The Service Dog is actually fully trained but is being transported to gain more training.
Of course, be sure to call or check with Delta regarding your specific flight.
Stay tuned for more articles from different travel providers!
The Wander The World Team
Don’t forget to check flights on our booking engine!! Click HERE, and then click Flights!